How to Clean Waxed Canvas
For a light cleaning, simply use a damp cloth and spot clean as needed.
If heavier cleaning is required, we recommend the following process:
- Use a dry scrub brush to loosen dirt or other debris.
- Mix liquid castile soap with cold water. Do NOT use detergent or dish soap. Castile soap is gentile enough to not break down the waxes and oils in the canvas.
- Brush and scrub the dirty area using the soapy water. Be careful not to scrub too hard, or it may remove some of the color dye from the canvas fibers.
- Rinse canvas with cold water.
- Air dry. Waxed canvas products should not be machine washed /dried as it will break down the wax coating.